SR&ED (Scientific Research & Experimental Development) is the government program that rewards companies that perform R&D in Canada. The program makes Canada a more economically competitive and technologically advanced nation and it has been in existence since the 80’s. The Canadian incentive program is one of the most generous R&D programs in the world. This is not a grant – you are entitled to this money under the Income Tax Act.
If you answer yes to any of the following questions you could be sitting on an untapped refund.
- Have you encountered technological obstacles or uncertainties in the course of your work
- Have you designed or built any prototypes or custom machinery?
- Have you designed or developed any technology that is state-of-the-art?
- Have you encountered challenges when improving products or technical processes?
- Have you developed any products that were patented?
- Have you solved technological problems by going beyond available practices, methods or routine engineering?